Thursday, October 21, 2010

Las Vegas - The Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay

I'm not entirely sure why I did it, but while buying my Vegas hotel and flight package from Expedia, I looked at what sorts of advanced discount tickets they had, one of which included the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay.  It was quite the trek to get there, given it's all the way at the other end of the strip.  Good thing we found light rail that ran from Excalibur to Mandalay Bay or we may not have made it there by walking all the way from the Venetian!



I wasn't really sure what to expect.  It turned out to be a mini zoo of reptiles and marine animals.  It was much bigger than I expected, and if you listen to the full audio guide it could take 2 hours to go through.  I was quite impressed at the shark exhibit.  It felt surreal standing on floor of the aquarium protected by a glass to see the animals/fish/reptiles going by (kind of like a scene from a movie/drama).


I got to touch the string rays, and the jellyfish exhibit was quite interesting as well.



Final Verdict:
Seeing marine life is wonderful and all, if you're into that kind of thing.  I don't think I would've went if I didn't buy my tickets in advance, given there's so much to see in Vegas and it just takes SO LONG to get to Mandalay Bay (depending on where you're staying).

No comments:

Post a Comment