Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Grand Canyon

I booked my Grand Canyon trip through Expedia so that I wouldn't have to look while in Vegas.  There wasn't much of a tour as we only received a video of its history on the way there.  The drive took a good 3-4 hours, which felt like forever (who knew it would be so far)!

The Hoover Dam

On the way, we made a pit stop for a picture at the Hoover Dam!  I'm still not quite sure why it's so famous.


After picking lunch up on the famous Route 66 and eating it on the bus, we reached the south rim of the Grand Canyon!  The view was breathtaking, the air felt fresh, and the weather was perfect.  There were gift shops filled with native artwork, as well as musical performances.

The Grand Canyon!

Around and about the canyon.

We left after two hours, and grabbed dinner on the way back at Wild West Junction in Williams Arizona, prior to getting back to the city.  Surprisingly, the food was really delicious!

The tour was a good price given it included lunch and dinner, though if I had more cash, I would have taken a helicopter to save time and for a better more in-depth, interactive tour.  A precious full day in Vegas is gone if you go on this trip, most of which is spent on a bus!

My lunch!!!  So much food!

No comments:

Post a Comment